Get Advice at YMCA Sussex Central (Part of DownsLink Group)
The Youth Advice Centre (YAC) has merged with Housing Advice! Now young people in Brighton & Hove aged 13-25 can access more services all under one roof.
(Please note that the counselling service and the sexual health nurse will remain at Blatchington Road in Hove, the old YAC site)
We are open Monday to Friday at the following times:
9am -12pm - Housing Advice for 16-25 year olds - the single point of access for housing advice in the city
• Support if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness
• Help finding private rented accommodation
• Family Support, Parenting Advice & Mediation
• Housing Benefit drop-in
• Life skills course ‘Skillz 4 Life'
3pm - 6pm - General Advice for 13-25 year olds
• Sexual Health support (including pregnancy testing, c cards and chlamydia testing)
• Emotional/listening support
• Benefits and money
• Work and learning
• Links in with other services such as YES, ruOK? and MACS
• And much more....
Drop-in: Youth Advice Centre (YAC), 2nd Floor, Ovest House, 58 West Street, Brighton BN1 2RA
Call YAC on 0800 721 0789*/01273 828828
*please note, call to this number are free if using a landline however costs will incur if using a mobile
Or the advice project mobile on 07912 271160- (This is also available to clients wishing to contact the service for general advice and visit the afternoon drop in)
We are in the process of producing new publicity material and will be re-launching the service at the end of April. If you would like copies of flyers/publicity materials for the new service please let us know, thank you